We were on our way out and Super W was hiding behind the door. I could see the top of his head through the door window pane and as I told him to go on out to the car he asked, “HOW did you know I was hiding behind the door?”
“Oh, it was just my awesome super-mommy powers.”
“You do NOT have super powers.”
“Sure I do. All mommies have them.”
“Oh, yeah? Can you squish people with your eyes?!
This may come as a shock but I am not capable of “squishing people” with my eyes. Besides, having such a capability might place me in the villain category.
However, I do possess some pretty sweet super-mom powers, if I do say so myself. In fact, these are universal qualities to all mothers who choose to put them to good use!
A special shout out to an awesome sister and one fellow-supermom for brainstorming with me about super-mommy powers!
Amazing, Awesome, and Totally Cool Super-Mom Powers
1) The ability to stay awake for hours – no, DAYS – on end and still function (coffee must be kept within reach at all times).
2) The capability to see all-know all (most of the time). Don’t be too surprised. It’s a well-known fact that mothers have eyes in the back of their heads.
3) Awesome reflexes to catch items or children in the nick of time.
4) X-ray vision to see and demolish germs with the help of a trusty Germ-x sidekick.
5) Invisible octoarms capable of juggling multiple children, bags, and even the occasional pet.
6) The skill to demolish the worst tantrum any two or three year old can bring.
7) The talent to camouflage “yucky” food into “yummy” food.
8) Super-strength to resist the cutest doe-eyes, the biggest lower lips, and the most pathetic plea deals.
9) The ability to hug and kiss away any tear or fear.
10) The possessing of a love that is capable of growing and never ceasing.
Coming Soon… Part Two: Super-Dad
*Please note: In respect of my family’s safety and privacy, I will not be referring to my children by name on this blog or “On The Street Where We Live” Facebook page. They are being referred as Super W, Humorous H, and Little L (listed by birth order). Though I may post pictures, I will be intentionally keeping their faces hidden. Family and friends, please help me keep their privacy by refraining from using their names in comments. Thank you for understanding!